Scholarship awards are presented to NAHN-Illinois members enrolled in accredited nursing programs.
Selection of recipients is based on need, current academic standing, and other criteria listed below. Scholarship recipients and paid members of National Association ofHispanic Nurses Association (NAHN) and NAHN-Illinois who demonstrate a promise of professional contributions to the nursing profession and who have the potential to act as role models for other aspiring nursing students. The number of scholarships offered each year is dependent upon the amount in the scholarship fund.Criteria for the Scholarship Awards include:
- NAHN-Illinois scholarship application form completed by the student and submitted by the deadline date.
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation from two faculty members outlining the applicant’s academic/clinical excellence and potential future professional contributions to the nursing profession.
- An essay, 400 words or less (using Times New Roman – 12 font), written by the student that reflects their award qualifications, community engagement, and potential for leadership in nursing. SEE ESSAY QUESTION ON 3RD PAGE.
- A resume, which includes earned certificates, awards, community service and special honors. Provide a copy of any NAHN-Illinois Certificates of Appreciation received and/or list NAHN-Illinois volunteer opportunities participated in within the last year.
- Provide one page essay that includes: a discussion of economic needs; delineates monthly income and expenses; estimates of educational expenses, including any other financial aid for the year requested.
- An official transcript from applicant’s college, university, or Nursing Program.
- In academic good standing (minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred).
- Must be an active-registered NAHN-Illinois member for at least THREE (3) months prior to application deadline.
- Proof of volunteering for at least 3 NAHN-Illinois events/activities within 6 months of applying for scholarship (submit certificates of participation)
- Scholarship Winners must agree to remain an active member by committing to volunteer for at least three outreach/events within one year following receipt of the scholarship and sign letter of commitment.
- Awardees may reapply and receive a scholarship for one additional year (total of two years).
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION SUBMISSION
ALL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PACKETS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY