Transplant Quality Manager, Advocate Christ Medical Center
TRANSPLANT QUALITY MANAGER CHRIST HOSPITAL – OAKLAWN, IL There is a lot happening at Advocate Health!
Yes, we are growing and are looking for great leaders like you to join us on our journey to better health outcomes for our patients.
Consider leading the Transplant team!
After all, opportunities don't happen, you create them.
Why not allow your background and experience take you to the next level in your career aspirations.
GROWTH OPPORTUNITY FOR A TALENTED AND STRONG LEADER RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
WHO ARE WE?
We investment in your professional development
We have care and concern about you as a leader.
Competitive compensation and benefits
700+ large hospital Magnet hospital
Top 5 hospital system in US Over 150K teammates
WHAT YOU WILL DO AS MANAGER:
• Provide oversight for the development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of quality improvement and patient safety initiatives within the Transplant and VAD Programs
• Review evidenced based literature/benchmarks and suggesting revisions/additions to the indicators for monitoring and evaluation of quality of care.
• Assist in maintaining compliance with requirements of external agencies specifically related to Transplant including DNV, CMS, UNOS, INTERMACS, and the ESRD Network.
• Work closely with the Quality Department and Patient Safety in analyzing and responding to sentinel events, maintaining regulatory readiness and databases. • Prepare timely, logical, and accurate quality score cards for use in program QAPI activities.
• Oversee data coordination and participates in audits, data collection, validation, analysis, and reporting to support program quality assurance and performance improvement (QAPI) initiatives.
• Oversee and perform retrospective and/or concurrent patient medical record reviews/audits to abstract clinical data for program QAPI activities and assessment of compliance with corrective action plans.
• Annually coordinate a review of the PI indicators defined for each program and makes recommendations for revisions.
• Oversee and participates in operational improvement initiatives as they relate to system optimization for data integrity, HIM and document compliance, and patient care coordination.
• Proactively identify data variances and communicates to department leadership. • Monitor and report program compliance with CMS and UNOS reporting requirements.
WHAT CONTRIBUTES TO YOUR SUCCESS
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
• Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team member works, and • Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) issued by National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ) unless dept leader determines it is not required. • 7 years recent experience as transplant coordinator including 3 years quality experience. • Strong analytical skills
• Proven leadership skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Intermediate PC skills, specifically with Word, Access, Excel and Power Point • Exposure to transplant databases (UNOS and OTTR)