Educator for Operating Room, Peri-op, and GI
Condell Medical Center
Advocate Aurora Health
• Full Time - Day Shift
• Must have 3 years of experience in the Surgical Services area
• BSN is required
• Level 1 Trauma
Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with matching, PTO, STD, LTD, Enhanced Tuition Reimbursement and more.
Primarily focus is to support site level and system initiatives as needed. Develops, coordinates, and implements the activities for new employee orientation, training programs, and continuing education for all nursing staff. Applies advanced knowledge of nursing in the delivery of evidenced based nursing and educational interventions along specialty or department lines. Designs, implements, and evaluates educational programs that reflect organizational vision and values, current healthcare trends in partnership with NPD Specialists. Utilizes the educational design process to bridge the knowledge, skills, and/or practice gaps identified through a needs assessment. Contributes to the professional development of others and supports life-long learning as individuals develop across practice settings.
• Supports the orientation process by developing, coordinating, facilitating, conducting and evaluating orientation programs for nursing and other healthcare personnel.
• Assists with competency management, which includes using tools that capture objective and subjective data regarding an individual’s knowledge base and actual performance. • Designs educational activities to address practice gaps for identified target audiences in consultation with a Nursing Professional Development (NPD) Specialist.
• Utilizes best practice standards including adult learning principles in the planning, design, implementation, and evaluation of educational activities in order to facilitate the achievement of desired outcomes (for learners).
• Provides strategies to facilitate a continuous process of lifelong learning which may include role transition, role integration, skill acquisition, and mastery as learners advance from novice to expert in their professions and specialties.
• Collaborates with system and operational leadership to meet the education needs of the site and nursing departments.
• Adjusts materials and teaching strategies appropriate to the situation and the learner’s developmental level, learning needs, readiness, ability to learn, language preference, and culture. Implementation reflects awareness of scope of practice of different employees and disciplines. Uses assisted aids/technologies as needed to meet learners needs.
• Evaluates and analyzes the impact of programming on learners, organizational resources, and patient outcomes and makes adjustments in consultation with an NPD Specialist as needed. • Establishes and implements appropriate evaluation tools and methodologies to identify needs or gaps in the knowledge, skills, and competencies of nursing personnel to advance the practice of nursing in consultation with an NPD Specialist as needed.
• Develops and supports education needs based on specialty or department in collaboration with regional and system teams.
• Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
• Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team member practices, and
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
• Typically requires 3 years of experience in front line nursing.