Position: Registered Nurse Operating Room Vascular Surgery
Organization: Advocate Christ Medical Center
Location: Oak Lawn, IL
Sign on Bonus: This position is eligible for a $10,000.00 sign on bonus
Christ Medical Center:
Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, a southwest suburb of Chicago, is one of the busiest Level I trauma centers in Illinois, providing emergency care for more than 105,000 patient visits annually. A premier teaching institution and nationally ranked center for gynecology, cardiology and heart surgery, Advocate Christ also is a major referral hospital in the Midwest for several specialties, including cancer care, heart and kidney transplantation, neurosciences, orthopedics and women’s health.
802 Beds~89 Specialities~2,209 Nurses~1737 Physicians
Advocate Aurora Health Care:
Advocate Health System and Aurora Health System are now Advocate Aurora Health Care. One shared purpose brought us together. Now, as one of the largest not-for-profit, integrated health systems in the United States, our combined strength and stability drives us forward. With our dynamically inclusive workforce and strong connections to the places where we live and work, we’ll touch more lives and contribute to stronger and more vibrant communities.
· 75,000 Team Members
· 22,000 Nurses
· 3,300 Employed Physicians
· 4,800 Aligned Physician Partners
Transforming Care: We’re redefining the standard for care with world-class doctors and caregivers, innovative solutions, outstanding outcomes, and leading-edge research and clinical trials. Combined, Advocate and Aurora are recognized for clinical excellence.
• VASCULAR surgery experience preferred (min of 2yrs OR experience
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with Current IL RN license
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required Certification in your current area of specialty once meeting eligibility requirements.
• Current AHA CPR
• Ability to work weekends, holidays, and different shifts in order to accommodate staffing
• Certain positions may require to take call
• Work environment includes probability of exposure to adverse, hazardous, or unpleasant conditions while caring for the sick
• Ability to assist in evacuation of patients in the event of a fire or other disaster
• Routinely works with potentially infectious specimens and patients
• Ability to respond to patients in a timely manner and access all areas of the unit
• Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other team member, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.