It’s More Than a Job, it’s a calling
REGISTERED NURSE HOSPICE – Case Manager (R35636)
• Southwest Suburbs
• Day – Monday - Friday
• FULL TIME
• Must be able to work one summer and one winter holiday
• Must be able to rotate on an on call schedule
This position is eligible for up to a $10,000.00 sign on bonus and subject to all taxes! You must be employed in the exact position at time of payout. Internal team members are not eligible for this sign on bonus at this time.
JOB and UNIT SUMMARY:
Advocate At Home, a division of Advocate Health Care, is the largest home health and hospice services in Illinois. The Hospice Registered Nurse will provide Hospice services and establish strong relationships with patients, families and caregivers. All medical needs will be coordinated by the RN who is case managing the patient and utilizing the resources of the team, (i.e. social worker, CNA, MD, etc.) The Hospice Registered Nurse assumes primary responsibility for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care for assigned patients. Hospice is a program designed specifically for people who have chosen to change the plan of care for terminal illness from aggressive medical treatment to palliative care.
• The Registered Hospice Nurse will manage pain and symptoms so patients can make the most of every day, focusing on living well and with dignity.
• The Registered Hospice Nurse will provide compassionate care to patients and their family members at end of life.
• The Registered Hospice Nurse will make every day count for patients, families and care givers. • The Registered Hospice Nurse will document and connect with the care team thru point of care documentation.
• The Registered Hospice Nurse will be required to make visits to private residences which may not be accessible to people with disabilities.
THE ADVOCATE HOSPICE NURSE:
• Nurse/Patient Relationship: Develops and maintains a therapeutic relationship through the health care continuum
• Responsible for documentation and communication of care, medication and observations made during care of patient in order to track responsiveness and health of patient.
• Responsible for providing appropriate patient/family education to help patient/family achieve a pain free and comfortable status.
• Assuring/Improving Quality Care: Facilitates the patient and family's right to receive quality, cost effective care.
• One year of medical surgical experience in an acute or subacute care facility • Current Illinois RN license
• Current CPR
JOIN ADVOCATE HEALTH CARE – RECOGNIZED AS ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO WORK IN ILLINOIS!