It’s More Than a Job, it’s a calling
REGISTERED NURSE HOME HEALTH (R56988)
• Near north city and near north suburbs based out of Des Plaines, IL
• Day Shift
• Full Time or Part Time available
• Must be able to work one summer and one winter holiday
• Must be able to rotate on an on-call schedule
This position is eligible for up to a $10,000.00 sign on bonus and subject to all taxes! You must be employed in the exact position at time of payout. Internal team members are not eligible for this sign on bonus at this time.
JOB and UNIT SUMMARY:
The Home Health division of Advocate Health Care is the largest home health and hospice services in Illinois and the RN will provide home care services to the homebound population and establish strong relationships with patients and caregivers in order to assist the patient in reaching their maximum potential. Advocate Home Health Services helps patients return home to continue the care that began in the hospital. Our team helps patients and caregivers become independent when managing their condition. The delivery of high level nursing care is critical to allowing the patient to remain at home and to preventing rehospitalization. All medical needs will be coordinated by the RN who is case managing the patient and utilizing the resources of the team, (i.e. social worker, CNA, MD, etc.)
• Document and connect with the care team thru point of care documentation. • Required to make visits to private residences which may not be accessible to people with disabilities.
THE ADVOCATE HOME HEALTH NURSE:
• Assumes primary responsibility for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care for assigned patients in the comfort of their own homes.
• Set goals which demonstrate a holistic approach to patients and families.
• Assumes leadership responsibilities at the unit level.
• Demonstrates a mastery of clinical skills.
Nurse/Patient Relationship: Develops and maintains a therapeutic relationship throughout the healthcare continuum.
Assuring/Improving Quality Care: Facilitates the patient and family’s right to receive quality, cost effective care.
Patient/Staff Education: Demonstrates a commitment to meeting the learning needs of patients and families. Utilizes appropriate resources to meet those needs and achieve positive patient outcomes. Assists in creating an environment that promotes educational growth opportunities for nursing peers and colleagues.
Nursing Process: Demonstrates the use of nursing process as a problem-solving model. Leadership/Collaboration/Professional Development: Demonstrates respect and understanding for peers and other clinical disciplines and participates as an effective member of the patient care team to formulate an integrated approach to care. Demonstrates leadership behaviors and is committed to the development of self and others.
• One year of medical surgical experience in an acute or subacute care facility • Current Illinois RN license
• Current CPR
JOIN ADVOCATE HEALTH CARE – RECOGNIZED AS ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO WORK IN ILLINOIS!