Title: Supervisor, Emergency Department
Site: Aurora St Luke’s Medical Center - 2900 W Oklahoma Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53215 Job ID: R35949
ABOUT ADVOCATE AURORA HEALTH CARE:
Advocate Health System and Aurora Health System are now Advocate Aurora Health Care. One shared purpose brought us together. Now, as one of the 10 largest not-for-profit, integrated health systems in the United States, our combined strength and stability drives us forward.
With our dynamically inclusive workforce and strong connections to the places where we live and work, we’ll touch more lives and contribute to stronger and more vibrant communities.
▪ 70,000 Team Members
▪ 22,000 Nurses
▪ 3,300 Employed Physicians
▪ 4,800 Aligned Physician Partners
We’re redefining the standard for care with world-class doctors and caregivers, innovative solutions, outstanding outcomes, and leading-edge research and clinical trials. Combined, Advocate and Aurora are recognized for clinical excellence.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
Supervises the day-to-day activities of staff in the Emergency Department. Ensures adequate staffing of nursing and ancillary services personnel. Coordinates staff and resources to ensure cohesive, high quality patient care. Responsible for the efficient flow of patients in the Emergency Department.
• Expedites patient flow through monitoring and assessing ED resources (personnel, equipment, and rooms). Collaborates with Clinical Nursing Coordinator/House Supervisor to facilitate bed placement issues.
• Acts as liaison between the unit, ancillary services, management, and department heads. • Prepares staffing schedule, determining service assignments for staff based on knowledge, skill and ability. Makes ongoing evaluations of staffing needs in the department in collaboration with the manager.
• Educates staff on changes to policies and procedures.
• Works with vendors and coordinates in-services regarding new equipment. Participates in product trials for new equipment and submits recommendations for management review. • Promotes communication among patients, families, hospital departments, and medical staff to optimize the interdependence of all team members. Coordinates the needs of physicians and acts as liaison between the medical staff and the nursing staff by serving as a problem solver and mediator.
• Performs human resources responsibilities for staff which includes coaching on performance, completes performance reviews and overall staff morale. Recommends hiring, compensation changes, promotions, corrective action decisions, and terminations.
• Responsible for understanding and adhering to the organization's Code of Ethical Conduct and for ensuring that personal actions, and the actions of employees supervised, comply with the policies, regulations and laws applicable to the organization's business.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
• Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team member practices. Experience:
• Typically requires 3 years of experience in nursing within an emergency department. At Advocate Aurora Health Care
We pride ourselves on taking care of our people. And not just our patients—we mean you, too. We help each other live well. When you work at Aurora, you get the chance to work with a dedicated team that’s as passionate about the work as you are. Here, you’ll find limitless opportunities for ongoing learning, career advancement, competitive compensation, and a stable work environment. But more than that, you can change lives—including your own.
Diversity and inclusion matter at Aurora. We celebrate our differences and nurture an environment where everyone feels included. We know that when we reflect the communities we serve, when we embrace differences and bring our whole selves to work every day, we are working as one to build a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Aurora supports a safe, healthy, and drug-free work environment through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing. We maintain a smoke-free
environment at all our locations. We are an equal opportunity employer.