Position: Nurse Manager Med-Surgical
Organization: Aurora Medical Center-Summit
Location: Summit, Wisconsin
Job ID: R46883
Relocation: Company relocation assistance provided
We are going to challenge you to consider your vision of your career path. Imagine achieving your goals but to do so, your promotion would not only require that you relocate to a new organization but a new state. Sounds daunting? We believe it does and therefore to make it less intimidating, we will provide you with several measures to ensure your success.
CARE AT SUMMIT HOSPITAL:
This quaint tertiary hospital, nestled into the picturesque community of Summit provides the perfect opportunity to develop your nursing leadership skills. Convenience, comfort, and world-class care.
117 Beds~81 Specialities~264 Nurses~740 Physicians
Summit is a suburb of Milwaukee with a population of 4,922. Summit is in Waukesha County and is one of the best places to live in Wisconsin.
Advocate Aurora Health Care:
Advocate Health System and Aurora Health System are now Advocate Aurora Health Care. One shared purpose brought us together. Now, as one of the largest not-for-profit, integrated health systems in the United States, our combined strength and stability drives us forward. With our dynamically inclusive workforce and strong connections to the places where we live and work, we’ll touch more lives and contribute to stronger and more vibrant communities.
· 75,000 Team Members
· 22,000 Nurses
· 3,300 Employed Physicians
· 4,800 Aligned Physician Partners
Transforming Care: We’re redefining the standard for care with world-class doctors and caregivers, innovative solutions, outstanding outcomes, and leading edge research and clinical trials. Combined, Advocate and Aurora are recognized for clinical excellence.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
As the Manager of Patient Care in the Medical-Surgical unit, you will be responsible for the practice of professional nursing and the delivery of nursing care. Establishes clinical direction for nursing care delivery, provides clinical supervision and is responsible for quality outcomes. Responsible for attaining and maintaining adherence to regulatory standards. Coordinates unit operations with other departments and disciplines to provide effective, efficient, and compassionate patient care.
• Coordinates and manages all resources necessary to provide optimal nursing care, including availability of staff resources, patient care supplies and automated patient care systems. Effectively manages resources through systems management and coordinates system issues to assure optimal patient care.
• Maintains an optimal level of productivity, based on the coordination of efficient 24-hour staffing and scheduling patterns and labor management standards.
• Evaluates the quality of patient care provided by department staff by using standards of practice, patient outcomes and other quality indicators to include peer review, incident reports, use of policies and procedures, evaluation of equipment, supplies and products; ensures appropriate resources are available for department performance improvement initiatives.
• Develops service strategies and monitors service levels against indicators to demonstrate improvement in customer and patient satisfaction. Coordinates and integrates services with other areas.
• Maintains and promotes effective relationships with and between patients, families, department staff, other departments, medical staff and their support staff, other health care facilities and vendors. Acts as a liaison between medical and nursing staffs as necessary.
• Facilitates evidence-based nursing by creating an environment that encourages utilization of evidence in practice and decision-making to maintain quality, cost and customer service; ensures integration of evidence in congruence with departmental, organizational, and strategic goals.
• Participates in shared governance councils and provides feedback as requested. Makes recommendations for changes in nursing practice to shared governance councils and promotes new approaches and concepts. Supports shared governance by holding staff accountable and by monitoring and counseling department representative(s) to ensure role compliance.
• Responsible for attaining and maintaining department's compliance with the Joint Commission (TJC) on Accreditation and other regulatory bodies. • Develops and communicates change initiatives. Achieves care management targets in area(s) of responsibility and achieves target improvements in employee engagement. Plans for staffing needs appropriately meeting established productivity benchmarks and achieves patient loyalty targets • Assists physicians and other departments with development of new services, identifying potential new sources of revenue and/or assisting in the marketing of existing and new programs.
• Performs human resources responsibilities for staff which include interviewing and selection of new employees, promotions, staff development, performance evaluations, compensation changes, resolution of employee concerns, corrective actions, terminations, and overall employee morale.
• Develops and recommends operating and capital budgets and controls expenditures within approved budget objectives.
• Responsible for understanding and adhering to the organization's Code of Ethical Conduct and for ensuring that personal actions, and the actions of employees supervised, comply with the policies, regulations, and laws applicable to the organization's business.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
• Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team member practices.
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
• Typically requires 5 years of experience in nursing that includes experiences in multiple areas, preferably stroke/neuro experience.
• Preferred 1 year of supervisory experience in managing a staff and budgets in a nursing environment at the supervisory/management level.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Advanced knowledge of nursing management concepts, clinical practice, and facilities policies and procedures.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to deal with conflict resolution.
• Strong aptitude in human resource management.
• Ability to handle multiple demands simultaneously.
• Sound decision making and critical thinking skills.
• Proficient in use of computers, software, and other electronic systems.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers, and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive, and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.