*Two Opportunities in Southeast and Southwest Wisconsin. Comprehensive Relocation Assistance available*
Clinical Nurse Supervisor – Oncology | Cancer Centers
Multiple Cancer Center Locations in Suburban Chicagoland
Advocate Aurora Health
• Job ID # 55674 Supervisor Oncology Services at the Vince Lombardi Cancer Center in Burlington, WI.
• Job ID # 36141 Supervisor Oncology Services at the St. Luke’s Vince Lombardi Cancer Center, Milwaukee, WI.
Status/Hours: Weekdays. 40-hrs/week.
MORE, BETTER, FASTER: Although we work hard at Advocate Aurora Health to develop and promote our internal talent, we know that to be a truly successful healthcare enterprise that meets the unique needs of our patients, we must simultaneously seek out and welcome in external talent. We recognize that leaders with varied perspectives, experiences, and insights will enhance our care and services. Listening and collaborating with different voices enables us to innovate and improve services for all the patients and communities we serve.
We are now part of Aurora Health, the nation’s 5th largest, nonprofit, integrated healthcare enterprise operating 67 hospitals and 1,000 outpatient centers. Together we will do more, better, faster.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
Responsible for the daily operations of the oncology services across the outpatient clinic setting. Supervises and coordinates the activities of oncology services in accordance with department philosophy and standards for patient care. Provides orientation and continuing training programs and serves as a clinical and educational resource to staff. Participates in the coordination of programs and special events for oncology services, which include prevention, screening and detection program, continuing education and support services. Evaluates, maintains, and enforces policies, procedures, and standards of cancer care to maintain consistencies in practice. Ensures effective patient care practices to maximize the delivery of quality patient care and maintain regulatory compliance.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
• Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team member practices, and
• Oncology nurse (OCN) certification issued by the Oncology Nurse Certification Corporation (ONCC) needs to be obtained within 2 years, or
• Oncology nurse advanced (AOCN) certification issued by the Oncology Nurse Certification Corporation (ONCC) needs to be obtained within 2 years.
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
• Typically requires 3 years of experience in clinical nursing, that includes experiences in oncology and assisting/participating with clinical program development.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities including organization, prioritization, decision making, delegation, team building, customer service, and conflict resolution.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with physicians.
• Must be detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple demands simultaneously. • Intermediate computer skills including experience using Microsoft Office applications. • This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It
is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
**Compensation is based on applicable years of experience. Comprehensive Relocation package available. Comprehensive benefit package includes but not limited to comprehensive relocation package, medical, dental, vision options and 401k with matching. Access to leadership onboarding, progressive development education, training and mentoring for performance excellence, ongoing support, and career growth.
OUR COMMITMENT: Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers, and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive, and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.